All of us at Amara Yoga & Arts would like to extend our appreciation to our yoga community for your commitment to enhancing your life through yoga classes at Amara Yoga & Arts. In order to maintain harmony and to preserve the environment, we present the following policies:
We ask that you observe the following basic rules of etiquette at the studio.
- Sign-in and payment is required for all students prior to, not after, class. Please arrive in plenty of time to sign in at the front desk and get your mat set up before class. If you arrive more than 5 minutes after class is scheduled to begin, the door might be locked and you may be denied entry. If you do arrive late during a quiet moment such as the invocation, please wait in the lobby until you see movement and slip in quietly.
- Turn off cell phones, pagers and watch-alarms when you arrive at the studio.
- If you arrive before the previous class has finished, please observe silence.
- As you settle on your mat before class, please maintain the peaceful atmosphere with silence or talk quietly.
- Please remove your shoes and leave them outside of the studio.
- Inform the teacher before class if you are pregnant, or have any injuries or health concerns that may require special attention.
- Inform the teacher if you would rather not receive 'hands on' adjustments.
- If you need to leave early, please leave before Savasana so as not to disrupt other students.
- Practice at your own level; if you need a rest you always have the option of child's pose. If some of the poses are too challenging or if something doesn't feel right, rest or take a more basic variation of a pose.
- Photos/videos are not allowed during class.
- Please respect others by maintaining proper hygiene and modesty, and refrain from wearing heavy fragrance to class.
- Amara reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who is disturbing the peace and serenity of other student or staff, who practices in an unsafe manner, or who fails to follow the teacher's instructions.
Amara does not offer refunds for purchases of any kind. Please note the expiration of your pass. Classes, passes, and memberships may not be suspended or extended, and they cannot be shared or transferred to another person. Memberships require a contract. Unused merchandise may be returned in its original packaging within 14 days of purchase with a receipt for exchange or Amara account credit.
Amara accepts cash, personal checks and credit cards (visa/mastercard/amex/discover). Payment is due prior to class. Unpaid yoga classes and workshops, after two (2) days from day of unpaid visit, will be reconciled automatically from the credit/debit card stored on file at the rate of $17 per class. An electronic receipt will be sent to the email address on file. Membership fees may be paid through automatic payments made through either a credit card or a bank account. A $10 charge will automatically be assessed to accounts for each E.F.T. transaction returned as non-sufficient funds/failure. A fee of $25 will be charged for returned checks.
Cancellation Policy/Terms & Agreements
Private Appointments: Your private session time and the teacher's time is reserved for you. Cancellations must be made more than 24 hours in advance by email to the teacher via his/her email and the studio at email@example.com (no phone calls). If a private session is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the session, and for no-shows, the fee will be charged in full. Amara does not offer refunds on private yoga sessions.
Classes: If you are unable to attend a regularly scheduled class that you signed up for online, you will be cancelled out when you do not show up and if you paid online, your fee will remain on your account where it will automatically pay for your next class. Amara does not offer refunds on classes.
Workshops/Special Events: Amara does not offer refunds for workshops. A 48-hour cancellation notice via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls) is required for you to receive a credit on your Amara account, minus a $10 handling fee. Less than 48-hour notifications and no-shows will be charged the full fee.
You are invited to enjoy our herbal tea in the lobby. You may bring a close-top water bottle with you into the studio.
Mat storage is available to students who have signed up for an Amara membership. Mats must be labeled with the owner's name or they will be removed. We are not responsible for missing mats. Mats should be cleaned on a regular basis and can simply be hand-washed in warm water with mild soap, rinsed thoroughly and hung dry.
Students are welcome to use our studio mats and props at no charge. These can be found by the front door (please do not use our member mats stored by the dressing rooms and in the back room!). Please wipe down your mat with provided disinfecting wipes after use. Note: We periodically clean our studio mats with hot water, mild detergent and bleach, the blocks with alcohol solution, and we wash the blankets with mild detergent. However, we can't guarantee the cleanliness of our studio equipment. If you practice regularly we strongly recommend that you obtain your own mat. Note that you can purchase mats and props at our studio boutique before or after class.
Lost and Found
We keep all found items in studio for one week. We are not responsible for lost articles. If you bring valuables with you you may bring them into the studio with you or put them by the changing rooms. Do not leave them by the front door.
Children 10-17 are welcome to attend our Tweens & Teens yoga classes. Children ages 4-11 are welcome to attend our kids yoga classes (and our other kids programs!). Children 9 and up may attend regular yoga classes for the regular adult class rate of $17, with the teacher's permission, with a parent or guardian. They must participate in class and may not bring distracting items such as video games or color books inside the studio. Children are not allowed to stay in the lobby while their parents attend class. Note to Parents: Students under 18 MUST bring a signed parental/guardian waiver. You can do this at the studio or download and print it here.
We do not allow observers in our classes. Photos and videos are not permitted in the studio except by prior written permission of Amara management.